Wednesday 29 July 2020

She.

I've been seeing her often these days
She has been around 
We haven't got talking yet
There is too much not done.
File papers are loose
The laundry is piling
There is a deadline smiling
And a little child frowning
 
A smiling dead line is a gory image
It would be a curve? Or a slanting line?
Sleeping perhaps. They haven't taught it clearly
In the classes I attend these days.

But she has been around
Lurking in the shadows, behind curtains as the child wipes her hands on them
And under the table with all the Lego blocks
I see her often, but we haven't got talking.
Not yet. But we should soon.

I am not sure I like her much.
She is angry & here teeth are clenched. 
I've been trying to unclench my teeth these days
Reminding me, it's alright
To just be.

No comments: