Monday 16 May 2011

Moonlight

I had written this in 2007, 4 years before & I found it tucked in a folder today. Time flies & with it, so do we !!!

The moonlight takes a peek within
With me alone in this tiny room
It shines through fresh into the night
Engulfs in life, the biting gloom.

With it it brings the shadows too
That flicker as flames with the moving leaf;
That moves with the wind-the gentle breeze
And sneaks in as a tiny thief..

Steals in my thoughts, and as I lose
Myself in the myriad hues it brings
A gush of breeze ripe with the smell
Of mud so wet, just comes right in

I wonder how the moistened winds,
Can bring with them so many things
I wonder how I do recall, so much of life
When thunder rings…

I wonder why the thunder bolts
Remind me of the morning sun
I wonder why the pelting rains
Steal all my sleep (and away they run!)

I wonder just what makes me write
If it is Him in his wondrous ways
Or is it me, my Life itself
That quizzes me more, the more I gaze…

I think of life in the middle of the night
In a strange place, I do not wish to call
My own; is not here that I belong
It is not this, which I call home…

I think of life, as life unfolds
To me, and as it brings to the fore
The myriad hues I have to live
The varied roles I have to play…

I do not wish to lose my self
In this pseudo glee and just revel
In the garb they gave me…
I wish to fly…

I wish to wish this time away…
I wish to stay at my hearth and home
Pray I do not seek to flee
I seek to have my fill of the mirth…

Of which I call my own, my home
I wish to come back, to that ground one day
Where I began in my mother’s womb
I wish to sleep…



Komal Vashist
May 2, 2007

1 comment:

Adi said...

Awesome....